Are you looking for things to do in Atlanta? If so, you’re in luck! From historical sites and museums to outdoor activities and family fun, there are plenty of options for everyone. We’ve compiled a list of the top attractions in Atlanta so you can make the most of your visit. Let’s take a look at what this vibrant city has to offer!
1. College Football Hall of Fame
The College Football Hall of Fame is the perfect spot to host an event and is one of the top 10 things to do in Atlanta, GA. This interactive museum offers many experiences personalized to your favorite team and includes art, science, history, music, and just plain fun for everyone. Upon entering, visitors can take in a massive wall featuring helmets from all the NCAA and NAIA teams. A 90-minute guided sightseeing tour by E-Car or a private car service is also available. Plus, guests can save 46% on admission with Atlanta CityPASS tickets. This Hall of Fame is an engaging, immersive and family-friendly experience that shouldn’t be missed when visiting Atlanta.
2. Georgia Aquarium
The Georgia Aquarium is one of the top attractions in Atlanta, and it’s easy to see why. From the amazing species on display to the interactive experiences, there’s something for everyone at this incredible destination.
Explore the 10 million gallons of awe-inspiring wonders and be sure to check out the Aquanaut Adventure, Sea Otter Encounter, and River Scout exhibits. You can even get up close and personal with the aquatic life at the Swim and Dive experiences. With so many attractions and activities, it’s no wonder that the Georgia Aquarium is one of Atlanta’s must-see attractions.
3. Zoo Atlanta
3. The Atlanta Zoo: For a fun family day out, take a trip to Zoo Atlanta and explore the amazing array of animals in its care. With over 1,300 animals representing more than 250 species living in the zoo, it’s one of the largest collections in North America. Highlights include the giant pandas, great apes, and the Naked Mole Rat Playgrounds. Kids will love riding the train, exploring the treehouse exhibit and feeding the giraffes for just $3. There are plenty of fun events to keep everyone entertained, including Boo at the Zoo and Gorilla Egg Hunts. Don’t forget to take a stroll through Grant Park to admire its natural beauty while you’re here.
4. High Museum of Art
The High Museum of Art is a must-see for anyone visiting Atlanta. Located in the Woodruff Arts Center near the MARTA station, the High Museum of Art is the largest visual art museum in the Southeast, with over 18,000 pieces of art on display and 312,000 square feet of space. Take a stroll through the galleries to view classics from legends like Claude Monet, Dorothea Lange, Chuck Close, and Giovanni Battista. The museum also offers special exhibitions throughout the year and has a photography collection for those looking to capture their visit. And be sure to check out Toddler Thursdays, where admission is free for kids and just $16.50 for those over 6 years old. With so much to explore, the High Museum of Art is definitely one of the top things to do in Atlanta!
5. World of Coca-Cola
For those looking to explore the history of Coca-Cola, the World of Coca-Cola is a must-see. Located in the heart of Atlanta’s entertainment district at Pemberton Place, this attraction provides an interactive experience with immersive multimedia exhibits, a 3D theater and beverage samples from around the world. Whether you want to learn more about Coke’s history or just want to spend a fun day out in the city, the World of Coca-Cola is sure to delight. And with other nearby attractions like the College Football Hall of Fame and Georgia Aquarium, it’s easy to make a day out of it. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience during your time in Atlanta!
- Gulf Shores Getaway: 25 Exciting Things to Do and See in Alabama’s Hidden Coastal Gem! - May 31, 2023
- Lexington, KY: 25 Things to Do and See in the Horse Capital of the World! - May 29, 2023
- Atlantic City Adventures: 25 Things to Do and See in the Entertainment Capital of the Jersey Shore! - May 27, 2023