Ready for an adventure? Look no further than New Jersey! From the shore to the mountains, there are plenty of exciting things to do in The Garden State. Whether you’re looking for a day trip or a weekend getaway, we’ve got you covered with our list of the best activities and attractions NJ has to offer.
1. Atlantic City and Boardwalk
Atlantic City is a great destination for vacationers looking for a mix of culture, fun, and relaxation. Visitors can enjoy the world-famous Boardwalk, where they can take in the sights and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean. The boardwalk is home to attractions such as House of Blues, the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, and Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall arena.
For those looking for gaming opportunities, Borgata Casino and Harrah’s Resort & Casino are popular spots. Other attractions include The Quarter at Tropicana and the beaches of Atlantic City. After a day on the boardwalk or at the beach, visitors can relax with a luxurious spa treatment or experience the city’s bustling nightlife.
2. Ocean City
2. Ocean City is a great destination for beachgoers, with its wide sandy beaches and charming old-fashioned shopfronts, the Music Pier, and adventurous rides on the Ocean City Boardwalk. Take in the beauty of nature at the Howard Stanton Wildlife Refuge, or head to Gillian’s Wonderland Pier for some fun rides and attractions.
For a unique experience, check out Zombie House, an interactive haunted house with live actors. For a bit of relaxation, enjoy a day spent at Corson’s Inlet State Park and take in the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean.
3. Cape May
Cape May is a picturesque beach town on the southern tip of New Jersey. It’s the perfect destination for a getaway, with plenty of activities to enjoy. Visitors can explore the boardwalk, stroll along the beachside, and even catch a glimpse of dolphins. The Cape May Lighthouse is an iconic sight, offering incredible views and plenty of photo ops. History buffs will enjoy exploring the Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum.
There are also plenty of events held here throughout the year, such as Halloween Happenings in October and the Historic Haunts Tour. For those who want to cool off, Casino Pier and Breakwater Beach Water Park offer great fun for all ages.
4. Grounds for Sculpture
After a day of playing at the beach, why not explore the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, New Jersey? Located on a 42-acre site of the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds, Grounds for Sculpture is a unique outdoor space that aims to inspire, thrill, and rejuvenate all who visit.
With more than 700 artists having showed their work here, there’s a diverse array of pieces to explore. You can take part in a sculpture scavenger hunt or join one of the educational programs and special events that are hosted throughout the year. There’s something for everyone at Grounds for Sculpture and it’s truly an experience you won’t forget!
- Gulf Shores Getaway: 25 Exciting Things to Do and See in Alabama’s Hidden Coastal Gem! - May 31, 2023
- Lexington, KY: 25 Things to Do and See in the Horse Capital of the World! - May 29, 2023
- Atlantic City Adventures: 25 Things to Do and See in the Entertainment Capital of the Jersey Shore! - May 27, 2023